Solatube Daylighting Systems are the cost-effective way to bring natural light to virtually any room of your home. Solatube Tubular Skylights use breakthrough technology to achieve amazing performance results by using advanced optics to significantly improve the way daylight is harnessed. Save even more energy with the Solatube “eChoice” solar tube skylight.
Please see our Solatube Inquiry Form for help with pricing and finding the right Solatube kit for your installation.
What Every Homeowner Should Know Before Buying a Solar Tube Daylighting Device
Why Purchase A Tubular Daylighting Device?
- It provides exceptional lighting. The light output is incredible, providing as much light asyou would expect from a skylight many times its size.
- It is cost-effective. Tubular Daylighting Devices cost considerably less than other daylighting options, such as windows and skylights, including both product and installation costs.
- Installing it is fast, clean and easy. They require no structural reframing, tunneling, drywalling or painting. A professional can install the product in less than two hours and most Do-It-Yourselfers can finish the project in one day.
- It can go almost anywhere. The compact and flexible design of TDDs allow them to be installed in just about any room, including rooms without direct roof access and smaller spaces where daylighting would usually not be an option.
- It is “Green.” TDDs allow you to switch off electric lights during the day, which provides savings on energy bills and also reduces environmental pollution.
- It is actually good for you. It has been shown in several prominent studies that increasing daily exposure to natural light can enhance mental and physical well-being, boost concentration and energy levels and a variety of other unexpected perks.
It Pays To Do Your Homework. Here’s What To Look For:
- Buy The Brand Name. Solatube International Inc. has consistently been at the forefront of technology. With its long reputation for quality and innovation, “Solatube” is the brand name in the market. Installing a Solatube Daylighting System ensures that you have a product that utilizes the most advanced technology available.
- Seek The Best Light Quality. Technology makes a tremendous difference in the lighting performance. The Solatube Daylighting System is the only product line with Spectralight Infinity, a revolutionary reflective tubing material that can transfer up to 500 percent more daylight than any other material currently used in the industry. With Solatube Daylighting Systems, all you see is the brightest, cleanest and whitest natural light possible.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR Label. This widely-recognized, enhanced energy-efficiency rating means that the product has met the stringent requirements of the Energy Star program through the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Think Long-Term. Cutting corners may save a few bucks on the front end, but it could put you at risk for expensive repairs down the road. The Solatube Daylighting System includes an innovative moisture control system that ensures the most air- and water-tight installation ever for ultimate peace of mind.
- Consider Adaptability. A Tubular Daylighting Device can be installed almost anywhere, in tight spaces, and in rooms without direct roof access. Solatube International takes this flexibility further by offering a zero-to-90-degree extension tube that can accommodate even the trickiest of installation challenges without compromising lighting performance.
- Factor in Function. The Solatube Daylighting System can be “accessorized” with a Light Add-On Kit for night, a Ventilation Add-On Kit for damp locations, and an exclusive Daylight Dimmer to control the level of daylight at the flip of the switch.
- Remember that Beauty Counts Too. Don’t settle for one-size-fits-all models. The Designer Touches feature a variety of ceiling diffuser options, which offer not only a unique look at the ceiling level, but also allow you to customize your daylighting experience.