Energy-Efficient Natural Daylight Skylight System
The Solatube 160DS Tubular Daylighting Systems and Solatube 290DS Tubular Daylighting Systems set performance standards never seen before in solar tube skylighting. Highly effective and simple to install, solar tube skylights brighten up dark interiors with natural daylight.
Simple to Install Natural Solatube Skylighting
Solatube's solar lighting systems are easily installed. The kits come with everything you need and can be installed within a few hours time.
Single Pack Kit Option Information
For more help see our Solatube Inquiry Form
- Pitched Metal Flashing is used for roofs with a pitch of 4:12 - 12:12.
- No Pitch metal flashing is used for flat roofs and roofs with pitches 0:12 to 3:12.
- Available separately (additional cost): Solatube Metal Roof Installation Kit for metal roofs and Solatube Universal Tile Flashing for tile roofs (Tile Flashing requires standard pitched or no-pitch flashing as a base).
Solatube Diffuser Options
Get the type of daylight you desire with the diffuser of your choice.
- Solatube Vusion Diffuser (Included): For outstanding light diffusion that artfully blends to the ceiling plane, select the Vusion diffuser. The fresh design harmonizes with most decors, yet provides the radiance of natural light.
- Solatube OptiView Diffuser (additional cost): Considered the ultimate in diffuser design, this technologically-superior diffuser uses a Fresnel lens to deliver crystal clear daylight and a unique view of the sky. Solatube OptiView Diffuser.
Solatube Extension Tube Options
Bring light in from the sun with the correct length of tube.
- No Tubes: This option is for those that have 11" or less between the ceiling and roof.
- Two 16" Extension Tubes (additional cost): This option is for those that have a span up to 43" between ceiling and roof. More Solatube Extension Tubes are available if you need more than 43".
- Custom Extension Tubes (additional cost): Solatube 16" Extension Tubes, Solatube 24" Extension Tubes, and Solatube 0-90 Degree Elbow Extension Tubes
Solatube Single Pack Kit Product Specifications
- Tube Size: Approximately 10 inches.
- Light Coverage Area: 150-200 sq. ft.
- Potential Tube Length: 20+ Feet.
- Effective Daylight Capture Surface: 160 inches.
Solatube Single Pack Kit Contents Include
- Acrylic Dome
- Metal Flashing
- Top/Bottom Tube Assembly
- Two 16" Extension Tubes (Optional)
- Diffuser and Effect Lens
- Seal and Fastener Kit
- Installation Instructions
- Roof Sealant
Available Accessories for the Solatube 160DS
Solatube Light Add On Kit: When equipped with a light add on kit, the Solatube Daylighting System provides the convenience of a switched light for night time use. Adding a light to your Solatube means you will always have the light you need. Available in Compact Fluorescent and Incandescent. Bulbs are sold separately. Light Add-on Kits do not include extension tubes. Bulbs are 23W (4-pin connector) for Compact fluorescent and 100W for Incandescent kits.
Solatube Ventilation Add-On Kit: (Roof Vent Cap sold separately): The Solatube 160 DS is available with an optional Ventilation Add-On Kit that’s designed for exceptional style and performance. When combined with this innovative accessory, the 2-in-1 ceiling fixture minimizes ceiling penetrations for a more attractive look. Proprietary technology uses twin fan motor with opposing rotation to overcome static pressure and increase speed and volume of airflow. In-line fan motor can be mounted away from ceiling fixture for quieter performance. Blends with any decor.
Solatube Daylight Dimmer: (Dimmer switch sold separately): Because you don’t need 100% of the light 100% of the time. The innovative Solatube Daylight Dimmer easily controls the amount of light desired in any room from a Solatube skylight. Designed for maximum comfort and ease of use, simply adjust the desired light level from the convenience of a switch.